In today’s day and age, having a website for your business is crucial. It serves not only as a digital brochure and marketing tool but also as a constant representation of your brand voice. Many businesses struggle to convey their brand voice through their website, which can make or break a customer’s experience. In this post, we will cover why it’s important to have a branded website and the best ways to achieve your desired outcome.
What is Branding?
Presenting a business, product, or service to the public in a unique and recognizable way is known as branding. This involves using elements such as logos, straplines, color schemes, typography, and tone of voice to set apart a company, product, or service from its competitors and establish a loyal customer base. Branding helps create an emotional connection between a company and its customers, making it stand out in a crowded marketplace.
Why Should Your Website Compliment Your Brand?
Many businesses look at their website as an extra means to get their name in front of the public. While this is generally the correct ideology, it is important to understand how much influence a business website can have on its market.
Everyone has a smart phone or computer these days. And it’s no secret that the first thing someone looks for when discovering a new business is their website. So, why wouldn’t you want to put your best foot forward? Well, many business owners aren’t experienced designers or web developers, making it more difficult for them to bring their ideas to life.
But with popular content management systems being as advanced as they are, many business owners are able to more easily create a stunning website to coexist with their brand. But simply coexisting is proving not to be enough these days. It is imperative for a company’s website to wow each visitor and communicate precisely the brand voice. Let’s dive into specific reasons why:
- Better User Experience: websites with a well-thought-out design and road map make an impact; users who can easily find what they’re looking for are more likely to become paying customers.
- Stronger Brand Awareness: this might seem like a no-brainer, but it is often overlooked; strong branding equates to a stronger sense of brand awareness in customers, making for more repeat customers.
- Enhanced Credibility: marketing is all about psychology; perception is everything, and with a beautiful and practical website, customers will subconsciously trust your brand more than your competitors, even if they can’t explain why.
- Increased Customer Engagement: when businesses think of their website as a marketing tool rather than a static digital brochure, customers will more easily be able to interact with your business and feel a more personal connection, resulting in increased customer engagement.
How to Build a Website That Matches Your Brand
While there is no fool-proof recipe for building the perfect website to match your brand, business owners can use these tips to help them along the way:
- Incorporate impactful logos
- Use brand colors, fonts, shapes, images, etc.
- Convey your unique voice through your visual assets.
- Keep it simple; don’t make your website too heavy with design assets if it will distract users from your brand voice.
- Convey your brand voice through your images and written content.
- Let your company values and vision shine through.
- Demonstrate your expertise in your given field(s).
- Let your company’s personality shine; if you want to convey humor, don’t be afraid to ditch the sterile copy for something more fun (but still professional).
- Work out all possible glitches before launching your site.
- Have your employees, friends, family members, etc., test your website and provide honest feedback.
- Look at your website from an objective point of view; accept that it won’t be perfect after the first draft.
Choose the Right CMS
- Choose the CMS that will best allow you to design and build the website of your dreams.
- Research the various content management systems out there to see which one will work best for your situation.
- Choose a CMS that can fit within your workflow and be easily modified to adapt to your changing business.
- Automate menial tasks like email collection and client management so you can focus on more important things like what new pages to publish and which demographics to target.
In conclusion, having a website that compliments your brand can make or break a customer’s experience. With popular content management systems at our fingertips, businesses are able to create a site that wows visitors and communicates their brand voice. Designers can utilize impactful logos, brand colors, fonts, shapes, images, content, and more to craft the perfect website that matches their brand. With the right website in place, businesses can expect a higher level of engagement and trust, resulting in increased customer loyalty.Back To Blog